Roof Damage? Trust the talented Tallent Roofing, Inc Roofing Company [2ndkey] and surrounding Texas areas. Click here for quick response!
Serving DFW, Alpine, Midland, Elpaso and more Texas areas. Call Tallent Roofing Inc 1-877-263-3306
A roof is part of a building envelope. It is the covering on the uppermost part of a building or shelter which provides protection from animals and weather, notably rain or snow, but also heat, wind and sunlight. The word also denotes the framing or structure which supports that covering. Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
The characteristics of a roof are dependent upon the purpose of the building that it covers, the available roofing materials and the local traditions of construction and wider concepts of architectural design and practice and may also be governed by local or national legislation. Roofing Company [2ndkey] In most countries a roof protects primarily against rain. A verandah may be roofed with material that protects against sunlight but admits the other elements. The roof of a garden conservatory protects plants from cold, wind, and rain, but admits light. Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
An asphalt shingle is a type of wall or roof shingle that uses asphalt for waterproofing. It is one of the most widely used roofing covers in North America because it has a relatively inexpensive up-front cost and is fairly simple to install. Roofing Company [2ndkey]
Roofing repair from Texas storm hail damaged roofs. Re Roofing Service, Roof Companies, Gutter Repair, Roof Repair, New Roof Estimates, Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
Types of Roofing Shingles, different types of shingles provide different levels of protection and warranty against inciement weather. Most brands are guaranteed to resist straight line wind roof damage and hail damage roof.
Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
A ridge cap on a 3-tab asphalt shingle roof is composed of individual shingle “tabs” folded over the ridge and nailed partially overlapping one-another
An asphalt shingle is a type of wall or roof shingle that uses asphalt for waterproofing. It is one of the most widely used roofing covers in North America because it has a relatively inexpensive up-front cost and is fairly simple to install. Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
Qualities Of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles have varying qualities which help them survive wind, hail, or fire damage and discoloration.
* The American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) has developed specifications for roof shingles: ASTM D 225-86 (Asphalt Shingles (Organic Felt) Surfaced with Mineral Granules) and ASTM D3462-87 (Asphalt Shingles Made from Glass Felt and Surfaced with Mineral Granules), ASTM D3161, Standard Test Method for Wind-Resistance of Asphalt Shingles (2005), Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
* Many shapes and textures of asphalt shingles are available: 3 tab, jet, “signature cut”, Art-Loc, t-lock, tie lock, etc. Architectural (laminated) shingles are a multi-layer, laminated shingle which gives more varied, contoured visual effect to a roof surface and add more resistance for water. These shingles are designed to avoid repetitive patterns in the shingle appearance. Hip and ridge lines can have either standard 3-tab shingles cut to fit. Manufacturers also make specialized shingles for these areas. Roofing Company [2ndkey]
Starter shingles are also required and, because they are not visible after installation is complete, the use of extra shingles (commonly referred to as ‘waste’) are used here. However, manufacturers also make a specialized starter row shingle. The use of specialized ridge/hip shingles and the use of specialized starter row shingles, results in decreased labor expenses in exchange for an increase in material cost. Laminated shingles are heavier and more durable than traditional 3-tab shingle designs. Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc
* Solar reflecting shingles help reduce air conditioning costs in hot climates by being a better reflective surface.
* Wind damage: Asphalt shingles come in varying resistance to wind damage. Shingles with the highest fastener pull through resistance, bond strength of the self seal adhesive, properly nailed will resist wind damage the best. Extra precautions can be taken in high wind areas to fasten a durable underlayment and/or seal the plywood seams in the event the shingles are blown off. Roofing Company [2ndkey]
UL 997 Wind Resistance of Prepared Roof Covering Materials class 1 is best Wind Resistance roof standard and ASTM D 3161 class F is best for bond strength.
* Hail damage: Hail storms in Texas can damage asphalt shingles. For impact resistance UL 2218 Class 4 is best. This increases survivability from hail storms but the shingles become more susceptible to hail damage with age.
* Fire resistance: Forest fires and other exterior fires risk roofs catching on fire. Fiberglass shingles have a better, class A, flame spread rating based on UL 790, and ASTM E 108 testing. Organic shingles have a class C rating.
Roofing Company [2ndkey] Tallent Roofing Inc