Cool Roofing Solutions
What is a Cool Roof?
A cool roof is one that strongly reflects sunlight and also cools itself by efficiently emitting radiation to its surroundings. The roof literally stays cooler and reduces the amount of heat conducted to the building below. Cool roofs, like a white T-shirt, keep the internal temperature of the building lower.
The two basic characteristics that determine the “coolness” of a roof are solar reflectance (SR) and thermal emittance (TE). Both properties are rated on a scale from 0 to 1, where 1 is the most reflective or emissive.
What are the Benefits of a Cool Roof?
A cool roof can significantly reduce your cooling energy costs and increase your comfort level by reducing temperature fluctuations inside your home. Average energy savings range from 7-15% of total cooling costs.
Some other benefits include:
- Reducing your utility bills associated with air conditioning
- Increasing occupant comfort and avoid installing an air conditioner where there isn’t already one
- Decreasing the size and prolong the life of your air conditioning system
- Lowering roof maintenance costs and extend roof life, avoiding re-roofing costs and reducing solid waste
- Assist your home in meeting building codes
- Mitigate your community’s Urban Heat Island Effect
- Maintain aesthetics with a roof that performs and looks good
- Receive utility rebates (in some locations)
Tropical Roofing Products is a leader in the manufacture of cool roof coatings, is an advocate of the cool roof initiative and as a member of the Cool Roof Rating Council encourages you to follow the links provided to learn more about the many advantages associated with a cool roof solution.
For more information related to Tropical Roofing Products and Cool Roof Solutions, please contact Tallent Roofing, Inc. 1-877-263-3306